The site Akron.com carried a July 16, 2020 article by Sean Patrick on fishing opportunities in the Akron area. The full story is here, and highlights are below. Some of these leads provided will require additional investigation—oh, darn, I’ll just have to go fish them!
- Little Turtle Pond at Firestone Metro Park: Kid-friendly bluegill and bass fishing.
- Brushwood Lake in Furnace Run Metro Park: Bass, bluegill, catfish and perch.
- The Cuyahoga River in Cascade Valley: It “is an extremely productive small-mouth bass fishery.” Where exactly one should go is something I need to investigate.
- Summit Lake: Large-mouth bass (especially), panfish, channel catfish, warmouth, and perch.
- Nimisila Reservoir: Largemouth bass, sunfish and channel catfish. Not clear where to park and fish—it is a sizable body of water.
- Mogadore Reservoir at Mogadore Reservoir Park: Largemouth bass, sunfish and channel catfish. I previously caught bass here on a boat. Park at the boathouse. Some shore fishing is possible.
- Michael J. Kirwan Reservoir at West Branch State Park: Muskellunge! Not clear if there is good shore fishing here. This is a huge body of water, so where to park and fish is unclear.
- Berlin Lake: Smallmouth bass and walleye. Another huge lake, so it is not clear where one should go and fish.
- Lake Milton: Smallmouth bass and walleye. Same deal as Berlin Lake and Kirwan Reservoir, although one might park at the marina and try there(?)
To locate additional fishing opportunities in the Medina County Park District, surf to http://www.medinacountyparks.com.
For other fishing opportunities in Summit County, see https://www.summitmetroparks.org/fishing.aspx.